Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 "After Nature" at the New Museum 

This seems like it would be an interesting show to look at while listening to Rook, for those of you in the New York area.

I'm really interested to see how they continue to use the new space. It seems, from briefly looking at this exhibit on-line, as though they've picked up some interesting ideas about how to extend what they present/organize to the virtual sphere from their time in between buildings.

Last edited by megmagdah on 18 Jul 2008 13:35, edited 1 time in total.

17 Jul 2008 21:03
Profile WWW

Also, I'm interested to know how an exhibit would "unfold like a visual novel." Interesting kind of reverse ekphrasis. Has anyone seen this show yet?

17 Jul 2008 21:04
Profile WWW

Thanks for alerting us to this show (although, being out west, I will miss it). Apparently, in part, it is inspired by W. G. Sebald's book of the same title. (A book that I would, along with ALL of his other words recommend strenuously to everyone!)

23 Jul 2008 18:49
Profile WWW

Yes, yes, yes! Sebald is one of those authors I utterly relish. Like Edna O'Brien and JM Coetzee and Nadine Gordimer and Jose Saramago, I have made a conscious effort to save some of his books for later (that old struggle not to binge on excellent authors...).

24 Jul 2008 09:21
Profile WWW

I'm going to go see this exhibition on Sunday, if anyone is around and cares to join me.

08 Sep 2008 09:53
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]