Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 shearwater? 
what do you think guys... :oops:
band of the year?

yes!!![/b]

27 Feb 2004 17:15

Well, got the New Winged Life CD from Misra on Wednesday & I aint listened to anything else since, truly brilliant. The band have expanded on their sound in all directions, notably in song length, but it's still unmistakably Shearwater! Gonna have to wait till later in the year to see them on my side of the pond, yet after seeing Okkervil late last year I know it's gonna be worth the wait (just as the wait since Everybody Makes Mistakes).

27 Feb 2004 18:23

this...side of the pond? shearwater? tour dates released?

28 Feb 2004 04:38
this...side of the pond? shearwater? tour dates released?

http://www.misrarecords.com/home.asp

28 Feb 2004 13:36

Sorry, no tour dates in the UK yet, but the note sent with the CD said look for a European tour in the fall.

Didn't mean to get peoples hopes up.

28 Feb 2004 17:34

there will be some european touring in the near future. fargo records is releasing the album in europe and following that i expect shearwater to head to europe/uk for some shows.

US tour dates are being put together now. Right now the west coast tour in April looks like it will include: Phoenix AZ, LA CA, San Fran CA, Chico CA, Redding CA, Portland OR, Seattle WA, Spokane WA, Walla Walla WA, Spearfish SD, Eugene OR, Denver CO. After that Shearwater and Okkervil River will head out to the east cost and midwest together.

-phil

29 Feb 2004 14:03
Profile WWW

Yes! Spokane. Where are you guys looking to play? Detour? Fat Tuesdays? Big Easy?

Edit: Please not B-side. I'm not 21 yet; and that would stink to have you guys in town and not be able to get in.

Also, it's a different type of music, but if you want to draw people in Spokane, getting Civilized Animal to play with you is a pretty safe bet. They're probably Spokane's only band to achieve a moderate level of success. (4 years on the Warped tour and gigs with quite a few big bands in the same music scene as them.)

29 Feb 2004 15:29
Profile ICQ

I think the SW show in Spokane will be @ The Shop. It's a coffee place so I'm pretty sure it's all ages.

29 Feb 2004 19:10
Profile WWW

Oooh. The Shop's nice. It has that very northwest feel to it. It's a pity they don't get more shows to draw people my age there.

01 Mar 2004 00:59
Profile ICQ
I played at the shop last weekend. Nice folks, lovely venue.

Not sure what you mean, though. There are tons of shows for different ages there. Dub Narcotic Sound System, Old Time Relijun, V. Vellella, all sorts of crazy awesome stuff.

Civilized Animal are sort of bad, they played at my college.

09 Mar 2004 07:15

Civilized Animal is kinda bad. I don't like that whole ska sound they have. But they're probably the most popular local band.

This is probably due to them playing any gig they can get though.

09 Mar 2004 15:45
Profile ICQ

My copy of Winged Life got here today. And like everyone else here; I'm blown away. Great work guys.

13 Mar 2004 01:33
Profile ICQ
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]