Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 SHEARWATER TOUR WITH OKKERVIL RIVER 

Thanks to all who came out on Shearwater’s very-first tour ever on the West Coast. As I write this, we’re preparing to leave for an extensive US tour supporting Okkervil River. As on the West Coast, we’ll have with us copies of the exclusive tour-only split CD we made with Okkervil. Entitled Sham Wedding / Hoax Funeral, this CD contains 6 previously unreleased Shearwater tracks and 5 Okkervil tracks and boasts beautiful handmade artwork by our friend Mark Pedini and the very talented Ryan Nole of Kangaroo Press.

Also along for the ride on some Midwestern dates will be Minus Story; I can’t recommend these guys enough - they’re one of our very favorite new bands whom we’ll be bringing along solely so we can get to see them live as many times as possible. In OKC, Lincoln, Des Moines, and Minneapolis you should COME EARLY. Also, we’ll be finishing up the whole tour with an Austin show at the Parish with our dear giraffe-hallucinating friends in the heroically great Texas mainstay Centro-matic. And then I plan to fall into a dreamless two-month slumber.

Here are the dates

05/02 Oklahoma City, OK - Conservatory w/The Minus Story
05/03 Lawrence, KS - Jackpot Saloon
05/04 Lincoln, NE - Knickerbocker's w/The Minus Story
05/05 Des Moines, IA - Vaudeville Mews w/The Minus Story
05/06 Minneapolis, MN - Triple Rock w/The Minus Story
05/07 Madison, WI - Catacombs
05/08 Chicago, IL - Schubas
05/11 Bloomington, IN - Second Story
05/12 Cleveland, OH - Beachland Ballroom
05/13 Buffalo, NY - Mohawk Place
05/14 Pittsburgh, PA - Garfield Arts Space
05/16 Portland, ME - Space
05/17 Boston, MA - Middle East (Upstairs)
05/18 Philadelphia, PA - Khyber
05/19 New York, NY - Mercury Lounge
05/20 Hoboken, NJ - Maxwell’s
05/22 Arlington, VA - Common Grounds
05/23 Chapel Hill, NC - Go! Room 4
05/24 Athens, GA - Caledonia
05/25 Atlanta, GA - The Earl
05/27 Baton Rouge, LA - Chelsea's
05/28 Denton, TX - Haileys w/ Quintron and Miss Pussycat
05/29 Austin, TX - The Parish w/ Centro-matic

We hope to see you soon.

02 May 2004 15:46
Profile WWW
Missed Shearwater in Phoenix a couple weeks ago and just wanted to say your always welcome back and would love to see one of your shows

06 May 2004 18:15
Last night's show in Chicago was awesome! To both Shearwater and Okkervil River- thank you VERY VERY much for the great show, and for making such amazing music, and for the new tour cd that I've been listening to non stop since yesterday.
Come back soon!

09 May 2004 21:02
Missed Shearwater in Phoenix a couple weeks ago and just wanted to say your always welcome back and would love to see one of your shows

I'll second that--sorry about the low turnout on the Phoenix stop. You guys have been great with all your Modified stops...hope you come back early and often!

11 May 2004 00:26
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]