Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 a moment of silence 

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-0507160110jul16,1,6377415.story?page=1&coll=chi-news-hed

I'm not sure if anyone else here knew these guys, but it is sad news indeed. I had the pleasure of meeting Michael and playing one show with him, in Austin, 2 years ago, and I am a huge fan of Silkworm. Their bass player, Tim, helped us repair my bass amp on an Okkervil tour that passed through Chicago last year.

May all three lives be remembered forever. I will raise a toast to these three great guys, tonight, in Denton, TX.

It is so hard to get past the anger, but for the sake of celebrating their lives, I must.

RIP, Michael Dahlquist, John Glick, and Douglas Meis.

18 Jul 2005 22:20

I didn't know them despite the fact that they were local, but it has definitely shaken up the musical community here. If there ever was a thing as senseless, this sure was it.

18 Jul 2005 22:27

The only time I saw Silkworm was back in like 1994 or something--a show in the back of some community center in Columbia, Missouri. Big room with fluorescent lights, no stage. I didn't really know much about them back then. The one thing I remember about their set is the incredible energy that the drummer had, it's stayed with me to this day.

Sad, sad.

19 Jul 2005 20:36
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]