Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Shearwater featured in "Seventeen" magazine. 

I'm a 16 year old girl who hasn't quite outgrown the whole "teen magazine" thing yet. Anyway, the latest issue of Seventeen came in the mail today. I was flipping through it, and there was some new article called "Indie Beat: The Next Big Thing" or something like that, and featured Shearwater. It just has a little picture and a short review on Thieves, but I was still very, VERY suprised. It was quite unexpected.

25 Jun 2005 15:35

I don't know if I should be happy or frightened by this! Its nice to know that you are a fan of Shearwater! Your taste in music seems higher up than most 16 year olds. Kudos to that! :D

Cheers

26 Jun 2005 11:19

26 Jun 2005 12:23

http://www.myspace.com/hoaxfuneral
http://www.hoaxfuneral.com

26 Jun 2005 14:03
Profile WWW

That makes me smile. Seventeen introduced me to Sleater Kinney ten or eleven years ago. Changed me young life.

26 Jun 2005 20:42

I don't know if I should be happy or frightened by this! Its nice to know that you are a fan of Shearwater! Your taste in music seems higher up than most 16 year olds. Kudos to that! :D

Cheers

what can i say. i'm one badass 16 year old girl. :D

but i totally know what you mean. there's a fine line between being happy and frightened in this case. haha.

27 Jun 2005 00:14

Hey Kelley, how weird, I'm 16 and live in Allen, right outside Dallas...

www.myspace.com/stafa

04 Jul 2005 05:58

that's neat raztro! i live outside of dallas too, i just always round up to the greatest city. i'm actually from flower mound. i don't have a myspace. i might just have to cave in and get one one of these days though... haha.

08 Jul 2005 01:06

Even better--now you can rate the Shearwater song on Seventeen.com on a scale of 1-5 and (if you register) leave a little review/comment! So far it seems the youngsters are looking for something perhaps a bit more upbeat than the SW song they've been handed. It's so hilariously incongrous that the band is on there at all though that I can't stop reading the comments... here's the link: http://www.seventeen.com/stars/music/di ... 78,00.html

13 Jul 2005 13:26

some of the responses to the song are really cute and funny.

my favorites....

"i like the acoustic feeling. but still a little depressing. looove the hott voice tho."

and

"People havn't been nice to this song! You people need to actually listen to the words and the notes, like a MUSICIAN, not a fan! All of you idiots need to listen to some real music like: Bob Dylan, the Beatles, the Band, Steppenwolf, The White Stripes!!! Music is the greatest thing in the world!! Don't misuse it!!!!!!!!!!! "

20 Jul 2005 16:33
Site Admin

My favorite was someone who said, "It's interesting...but in a good way though!"

-Zach

22 Jul 2005 19:04
Profile WWW

"I like them, they sound kinda like the perishers, there good, they were on the OC."

for real?

22 Jul 2005 19:34

OK, I have to admit, a little sheepishly, that I've been fascinated by this. It's the first time in my life that I've been able to read negative comments about the band and not feel bad in any way - in fact, it's been incredibly entertaining. I'm a bit baffled by the choice of this song as the one that the magazine wanted to feature, but beggars can't be choosers. Actually, I'm mostly baffled that we ended up in Seventeen at all.

I guess the only thing that's a little disheartening about it is that so many of these folks find what I think is an extremely straightforward little song "strange" or even "creepy". Wonder what they would think about some of the other SW songs. Or the new record we're working on! It's definitely weirder than the last one.

23 Jul 2005 15:30
Profile WWW

Heehee, that's fantastic. "His voice gave me a strange, unpleasant feeling."

31 Jul 2005 18:56
Profile WWW

01 Aug 2005 19:54
Reply to topic   [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next