Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Buteo Buteo 

One of the great things about mp3 players is things pop up unexpectedly. As The Shazam album I was listening to finished, all of a sudden this beautiful voice popped in. I had filed Buteo Buteo under Shearwater.

I've seen you twice since getting this, Jonathan, and I keep forgetting to tell you how much I like it so I'm doing so now. It's really beautiful and a great way to show off your voice. And The Biology Building cracks me up (not in a novelty song kind of way) -- it's about the most unlikely song topic I've ever heard. Anyway, as always, thanks for the music.

20 May 2005 20:31

Wow.. until a few minutes ago I had been under the impression that the "solo album" I had heard rumors of was actually "Thieves". I thought I was a pretty big Shearwater fan, but I had no idea Buteo Buteo existed.

Apparently Google barely knows it exists, too.

Any chance of it ever being sold online? Or am I going to have to wait on the 1% chance a copy will ever show up on eBay?

27 Dec 2005 21:21

Hmm. I might could be persuaded. I usually have 'em on tour, though.

J

27 Dec 2005 23:10
Profile WWW

wait, i've not heard of this..I feel a cold sadness over me like I am missing something.

05 Jan 2006 00:53

It's a solo Jonathan disk that he sells on tour, though I'm thinking he should sell it through Shearwater's website as well. Some great songs that also really show off his voice.

05 Jan 2006 01:19

is there anyway to get a sample of this? Sadly, I haven't had the opportunity to see Shearwater live, but enjoy all the other cds. I will pay good money for this Jonathan!

05 Jan 2006 01:30

:shock: what the hell?? holy moly, this is like being told of some great treasure, but never getting to it. i feel like ponce de leon.

11 Jan 2006 19:17
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]