[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Shearwater Message Board - View topic - Chicago

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Chicago 

14 May 2005 23:18

I got a few shots at this show as well, which I put up in the along with some other random shots from Chicago.

14 May 2005 23:36
Profile WWW

20 May 2005 14:39
Profile WWW

20 May 2005 18:02
Profile WWW

Awesome. I flew to Chicago last year for Okkervil, though I had "other reaseons" as well ... but I'm not afraid of airplanes, which makes your statement of fandom more powerful.

On another Chicago note, I picked up tickets for the Intonation festival this week. Anybody else going?

21 May 2005 19:49
Profile WWW

Yep. Got my tickets this week as well. Lots of great acts, but I'm especially looking forward to The Wrens and The M's.

21 May 2005 22:29

One of my friends loves the M's ... I saw the Wrens last year (the night before Okkervil played haha) and they kinda bit. It sounded like they had skipped the soundcheck, and their egos were way too big for their shoes.

22 May 2005 12:10
Profile WWW

Wow. You're the first person I've heard not like The Wrens (though I'm sure there are plenty of people out there). I saw their day show at sxsw this year and thought they were great -- no evidence of overblown egos there. I would really love to see them at a night time club, but I'm still looking forward to this. The M's are great -- kind of a modernized Kinks. Even though they're local, they don't play here often -- I think it's been over 6 months since I've seen them (which will be remedied next Saturday when they open for The Ponys).

So, who are you looking forward to at the festival?

22 May 2005 15:20

hah -- I actually loved the Wrens album, but live soured me. The crowd at the show wasn't immediately into them, and I think that hurt their feelings too ... no joke.

As far as Intonation goes, I wanna see Andrew Bird, the M's, Go! Team, Decemberists, Dungen, Wrens, Tortoise. You?

22 May 2005 23:32
Profile WWW

I know I want to see The Wrens, The M's, Andrew Bird, and Magnolia Electric Company. Based on various friends' raves, I'm interested in seeing Broken Social Scene, The Go! Team, AC Newman, and Les Savy Fav. And I am curious whether I'll like The Decemberists better when they aren't following OR.

25 May 2005 08:08
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]