[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Shearwater Message Board - View topic - saturday's show -- 2/5/05

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 saturday's show -- 2/5/05 

I'll never get over babbling like an idiot around you, Jonathan -- and I'm awfully sorry I didn't get to tell the rest of the band how great the show was. The bartenders at The Parish really should know when to cut me off at this point! Anyway, it really was a lovely set.

If it's not to much trouble, would/could someone please recount the setlist for me? I've a horrible recall for song titles, and this affliction is even worse after a confab with the whiskey. (I know "Mountain Laurel" (har har har) and the Talk Talk cover were in there somewhere, though!)

Thank you for all the lovely music, y'all. <3

07 Feb 2005 16:22
Profile WWW

We all had a wonderful time at the show. I think it was my favorite ever. I was so happy that so many people stayed to the very end, and I thought the other bands were tremendous.

the set list:

Mulholland
Whipping Boy
A Hush
Palo Santo
Turn the Transmitters Off
The Left Side
Mountain Laurel
The Rainbow (Talk Talk)
----
Fucked Up Life (Baptist Generals)
Well, Benjamin
I Can't Wait

I'm going to try to post our KUT show soon - I'll put up the link as soon as they put it on their site.

08 Feb 2005 01:39
Profile WWW

That was also my favorite Shearwater set to have played. Couldn't have predicted it, can't explain it, but it was one of my favorite live playing experiences ever.

Will Johnson workin' over a delay pedal, I thought I'd never see such a thing! Bellissimo!

Now, back to http://www.babbonyc.com/

08 Feb 2005 12:22

There was definitely something magical going on that night!

For me, at least, it was the pleasure of seeing one of my favorite bands play surrounded by so many good friends. I always treasured the first time I saw ya'll play at Flipnotics about a million years ago, but yeah, this show could so totally ursurp that one from the top seat.

Thanks for the setlist, Jonathan -- I really appreciate it. Could I possibly convince you to bring out that Baptist Generals cover again sometime? It was just wonderful.

And you're certainly right, Howard -- I've never seen someone rock the delay pedal quite as hard as Will did!

08 Feb 2005 13:24
Profile WWW

09 Feb 2005 02:01
Profile WWW

10 Feb 2005 10:16
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]