Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Atlanta Show Friday November 5! 

Reminder to all Atlanta area fans: the Band will be at the Earl on Friday night, November 5th! Tell your friends! Let's get a big turnout!

02 Nov 2010 23:24

It was great fun to see the band again last night. Lots of energy from them and the decent-sized crowd. But... Was the sound system not quite right? The last time they played at that venue every note was crystal clear, but last night many songs sounded muddled. There is just too much talent up on that stage to have it be obscured like that. Still, wonderful to see them again (even sans Kevin and Jordan this time out)

06 Nov 2010 09:30

That's too bad about the sound. What was the setlist like?

Heavy is the head that eats the crayons.

07 Nov 2010 05:18
Profile YIM WWW

Why weren't Kevin and Jordan there?

07 Nov 2010 21:00
Profile WWW

Set list: lots of songs from TGA (not sure why, but I can never remember the names of the songs on this), White Waves, Snow Leapord, Leviathan Bound, encore included a short a capella protest song, then Hail Mary.

Re Kevin and Jordan - I'm assuming it's just scheduling conflicts. JM missed some touring with OR back in the day. Scott Bracket and Robert Downey Jr. Jr. filled in. And boy is Scotty looking shaggy these days :)

08 Nov 2010 08:54

Given the relative lack of activity regarding the new tour, I figured I'd post about the Detroit show here. I assume the setlist was similar to the Atlanta one:

Leviathan, Bound
Black Eyes
Landscape at Speed
White Waves
God Made Me
Hidden Lakes
Home Life
Century Eyes
I Was A Cloud
Seventy-Four, Seventy-Five
The Snow Leopard

A Capella Protest Song (Jonathan said it was a cover but I didn't catch the original artist)
Hail Mary

I have to say, I enjoyed this show more than the one in Cleveland earlier this year. Maybe I was in a better mood, or maybe it was the fact that I was less tired, but overall I just liked it better. The setlist was slightly better with a few nice additions (especially at the end), the crowd was good if on the small side, sound was good if a little feedback-y, and the band seemed pretty happy. We got some good banter about Thor's criminal past (anti-Bush vandalism culminating in a high speed bicycle chase) and the new touring members fit in pretty seamlessly. I didn't take my camera because I assumed the lighting would be inadequate and was mildly annoyed to find that it was far better than the other two Shearwater shows I've attended. Oh well!

Oh, Damien Jurado played a nice set too. I'd have liked a backing band, but it was still enjoyable.

15 Nov 2010 20:36
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]