Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 The Railway Winchester 1/8/2010 

Saw them at Bristol on Thursday where they were good, but uncharacteristically error prone.

Last night at Winchester however was very good indeed. A very small venue but with a surprisingly animated and appreciative audience, including some fairly wild dancing at the front. Nearly didn't start very well as I and my friend had 3 under 18 kids with us and the man at the bar was convinced it was an 18+ show.

Set list for Bristol and Winchester was fairly similar, with few surprises from recent reported shows, encores for Bristol being Hunters Star and Snow Leopard.

No Snow Leopard last night - a surprising omission - but we did get "Tell it like it is" by Bill Fay as an opener, before Black Eyes started the main set and about 30 seconds of "Whole Lotta Love" somewhere in the middle!

Encore was Hunter's Star and a very intense Hail Mary.

My daughters grudgingly conceded that they were much better than they expected.

I still cannot work out the economics of their touring and take every opportunity to see them when they are over just in case......

PS Disappointed not to get Nobody, but you can't have everything.

02 Aug 2010 04:24

Would LOVE to see even a few seconds of Whole Lotta Love. That's pretty awesome. Tori Amos did an incredible cover of that back in the 90s.

Always good for a storm.

03 Aug 2010 20:24
Profile WWW

Read this yesterday and had visions of JM singing Aaron Neville's Tell It Like It Is and just noticed that I was pretty far off on that. :roll:

Glad it was a good show!

03 Aug 2010 21:01
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]