Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 West coast shows 

Hey everyone, since there seems to a lackage of posts about it, I just wanted to let y'all know that Shearwater, Wye Oak and Hospital Ships are seriously destroying the west coast this week. I thought they started off in top form in Phoenix, but somehow they keep managing to be a little more awesome every night. I'll be following them as far as Seattle, although I won't be able to upload anything until I get back home on Saturday. But I promise you there will be tons of photos, audio and video forthcoming.

That is, if this trip/binge doesn't kill me first.

28 Apr 2010 03:37
Profile WWW

Hey again, I'm still in Seattle trying to recover from this past week (and wishing I could be there for the rest of this leg of the tour), but I've got photos from Phoenix up. I don't know my way around my friend's computer very well, so I still can't upload anything else until I get home tomorrow. But I've been going through the photos and videos on my camera and listening to the bootlegs on my Zoom and they are all pretty effing rad. I even ended up having enough memory to record the Wye Oak and Hospital Ships sets in Vancouver and Seattle, although I wish I'd been able to record their earlier sets as well. The videos were somewhat problematic, but I did get pretty decent ones of Hospital Ships playing Carry On in Seattle, Jonathan's a cappella Vic Chesnutt cover in San Francisco, I Was a Cloud in Seattle, and, of course, Missing Islands in Vancouver. Which was probably the highlight of my whole life up to now. I'm still totally blown away that they played it for me. </3

30 Apr 2010 20:44
Profile WWW

Oooh, okay, I remember seeing you at Phoenix! Great photos; that set will live long in my memory (even though I definitely had a better spot in Tucson), and I admit I'll totally be saving these to my harddrive for those inevitable times one must return to their happy place. You're going to share those bootlegs, yes? I'd love to see the Vic Chestnutt especially, and if you managed an even half-decent copy of Hospital Ships' Crazy Girls I'll happily send out my firstborn as soon as I have one. :D And Wye Oak! The CDs are awesome, but the live shows were my favorite.

Good luck on the recovery; I got back from Tucson and woke up with some sort of nasty bug that's stuck around and made life rather difficult ever since.

30 Apr 2010 23:50
Profile WWW

Alright, I made it home on Saturday night and I've been sorting through pictures between naps and finally got most of them uploaded: Los Angeles, San Francisco, Portland, Vancouver and Seattle. Also, my Seattle bff Victoria's pictures: hotavocados. And the always amazing Laura Musselman's pictures: KEXP pre-show show (wish I could've made it to that!) and the "real" show. And then there're these as well: Seattle, L.A. and L.A. too.

I'm not gonna lie, it'll probably take me a while to get the audio and video situation sorted. But I've had the chance to check them out on my computer and stereo and the bootlegs sound really good (oddly enough, Seattle seems to be the only one that's a little off) and the videos I mentioned previously are definitely decent so they'll be along just as soon as I can get them edited and uploaded. And since it was such an epic experience, I may even do some actual writing about it.

Also, as insane as it was, I can't wait to do it again. Also also, the tour manager for this time out, Sharon Van Etten, is not only a lovely person but an amazing musician and you should totally look her up.

03 May 2010 17:16
Profile WWW

And, oh yeah, my friend Morgen's photos and write-up from Seattle.

03 May 2010 17:31
Profile WWW

Some more stuff: my videos of Missing Islands in Vancouver and Big Huge Valley in San Francisco. And my friend Victoria's Seattle show review for Three Imaginary Girls.

04 May 2010 17:54
Profile WWW

Sorry for the wait, but here's the recording from Phoenix: 20100422.

I'm going to make an attempt to get another one or two into a managable state and upload them before I head out to Austin for another dose of Shearwater.

10 Jul 2010 21:36
Profile WWW

I haven't been around here much, and hadn't gone through any of these yet.

Thanks for posting!

11 Jul 2010 01:43
Profile YIM WWW

It's no bigs.

...And here's the recording from San Francisco: 20100425.

I'm about to upload Vancouver, so that'll be available soonish.

11 Jul 2010 21:28
Profile WWW

Here's Vancouver (save for the first two songs; I had some recorder issues): 20100428.

Currently working on Seattle, might be able to upload it tomorrow sometime.

11 Jul 2010 23:23
Profile WWW

Seattle.

The L.A. and Portland recordings might have to wait until next week. But we'll see how it goes.

13 Jul 2010 20:16
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]