Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 last night in glasgow 

as well as being a bit of an arse regarding 'the rainbow' (a hundred apologies to those present, especially the band!) i did manage to take some pictures from the show.

you can hopefully see them at the link below, if you are inclined.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=190161&id=536638372&l=6ae64af2e7

also, a review of the show will be posted soon on my friend's blog:

http://thevinylvillain.blogspot.com/

colin.

24 Feb 2010 14:01

Newbie signing in - Glasgow was my first Shearwater gig, and it was immense :D
I've seen Okkervil River several times, and heard about Shearwater on their site.

You did your best to get Rainbow; I think the band appreciated your efforts even though it wasn't played 8)

I hope the band come back before too long, but I'm hoping they play a bigger venue. Just a bit too claustrophobic for me.

Are we the only two folk on the board who were there ?

Thanks for the links; the review is great.

WG

07 Mar 2010 09:42

How small was that venue? Somehow, hearing that it was claustrophobic seems like a good thing to me. Because surely that means it was near capacity and therefore a good-sized crowd...

Welcome to the board!

07 Mar 2010 16:38
Profile YIM WWW

there is a wee back-story to 'the rainbow' thing... :) if you will indulge me. i'd been on sabbatical during 2008 in seattle (at u-dub) and saw them play in the sleepless place (at neumos I think it was). anyway, they didn't play the hollis et al song that night but after the show i got a copy of 'rooks' signed for my friend, juan, and talked to JM and KS about scotland and glasgow etc. anyway, i also bought the 7" of rooks and noticed the b-side (!). i then casually told JM I'd actually seen talk talk play live (er, i'm 39 yrs old... it was the edinburgh playhouse on the 'colour of spring' tour in 1986) and he pretended to hit me... : ) so, i was keen to hear it! it was really nice of thor to play 10 seconds of it though...

as for the venue, no more than 100 people or so. it is in the basement of a pub on the great western road in glasgow and is TINY. it gets very hot when a sell-out. i'd love to hear shearwater play king tuts - i think the sound / acoustics in that venue would do them some justice.

hope they come back soon!

13 Mar 2010 04:52

I was there too.... one of my favourite shows of the UK tour.

In in a weird twist of fate, I'm currently out near Montreal... and will be doing the Montreal / Toronto shows. 5 Shearwater shows just wasn't enough!

28 Mar 2010 08:44
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]