Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 The Golden Dossier 

You're excused. Just don't let it happen again mister.

P.S.: Looking forward to seeing you guys next week.

10 Mar 2010 19:13

i got mine today (in Vancouver). it's lovely.

13 Mar 2010 18:45

Nothing yet in Utah. :(

16 Mar 2010 00:12

Still waiting on mine as well. Hopefully all is well.

18 Mar 2010 21:31

The rest of them, I think, should go out next week. Hold tight.
JM

19 Mar 2010 17:20
Profile WWW

Finally gotten home and examined my two dossiers - really beautiful stuff. I love the details and patterns on the sheets, the 'old' look and all. Though i would have prefered it to be bound somehow. But the idea is to have some collected documents, so it fits the nature of the better this way.

Anyway, I transcribed the lyrics to the bonus tracks, for all who couldn't get a full dossier and only have the small booklet:

THE SILVER BODIES

Cull the silver bodies from the waves/their shimmering lives in your fingers/call the coral islands from the bay/and a mountain will rise/lay the little bones among the reeds/and hide in the light of the ages/curl the bloody moon around the clouds/and pull in the tide/and all will be carried away/in the surge and the wash of the waves/to arrive on the shores of the islands/where the body will rise

FALSE SENTINEL

I was laid among the waves/I was lifted from the shoreline/I was welcome/in the dark above the reed/spread the shoals around the moon’s eye/the silver array/of the worlds unseen/the clouded eyes dilate/the water separates/and the current breathes/the current breathes

ANAK RAKATA

Green bays/white feathers/palms in the air/clouds on the sleeping mountains/and through the valleys ranging/black, skinny dogs with beryl eyes/and in the rushing of leaves and the straining branches/a boat from the island of memory/in calm waves/the color rises/to the plume hanging over ships and harbour lights/as the ashes fall on us/like snow from the clouds of another life/leave a dusting of white on the rocks and branches/in the daylight/so strange/and so mild

21 Mar 2010 06:58

So I guess I must have done it wrong....on the Kickstarter page when it asked which extra stuff I wanted, I clicked "none, thanks", in the hopes that having more of the extras available would entice more people to pledge. I didn't think that meant that they wouldn't send me anything. Oops?

24 Mar 2010 15:11
Profile WWW

la1itree wrote:
So I guess I must have done it wrong....on the Kickstarter page when it asked which extra stuff I wanted, I clicked "none, thanks", in the hopes that having more of the extras available would entice more people to pledge. I didn't think that meant that they wouldn't send me anything. Oops?

I think it just takes some time for them to send it out. I have some extras and I haven't received anything yet.

24 Mar 2010 16:16

Received mine in California. Beautiful and captivating things in it too.

24 Mar 2010 18:32
Profile WWW

I just purchased the golden dossier last night at the bowery ballroom. According to the description it is 75 pages. The last page in the dossier I got is page 72. Am I missing the last few pages? Can anyone help me out with this one? Thanks.

28 Mar 2010 11:56

Finally got mine in the mail! It's gorgeous, albeit a little banged up - the dossier envelope is trashed and a few of the pages are ripped, but it's mostly okay. There are some pages I will probably frame and display when I have the time and money with which to do so, as a lot of the photos are very striking (especially some of the ones that were not included in the perfect-bound and digital versions). It's interesting to see some other potential running orders for the album in there, too.

As for the shirt I got as a bonus, well, I was expecting forest-y green, not light minty green, so I might try to exchange that at the merch booth this weekend. I like the hippo-eating-gator design, but that colour is totally not going to look good on me.

Thanks to those involved for putting this together. It's really made the album extra special!

29 Mar 2010 10:35
Profile WWW

jm10970 wrote:
I just purchased the golden dossier last night at the bowery ballroom. According to the description it is 75 pages. The last page in the dossier I got is page 72. Am I missing the last few pages? Can anyone help me out with this one? Thanks.

It's got 72 numbered pages. No need to worry.

Also, I hadn't noticed the alternate tracklistings until daylight pointed it out.
I'm going to try them because I'm curious. And after seeing that JM had uniforms as the closing track on one of the options I'm thinking that this would be my preferred closing track. (Not that I'm complaining) And that's the beauty of digital files :mrgreen:

29 Mar 2010 20:07
Profile WWW

Cedric wrote:
Also, I hadn't noticed the alternate tracklistings until daylight pointed it out.
I'm going to try them because I'm curious. And after seeing that JM had uniforms as the closing track on one of the options I'm thinking that this would be my preferred closing track. (Not that I'm complaining) And that's the beauty of digital files :mrgreen:

I have been playing with the track listing, trying to fit the bonus tracks into the normal running order. For me, Missing Islands has to be the final track. After it ends, I can't listen to any other songs for a few minutes. Comparing it to a novel, Uniforms is the climax, and Missing Islands is the epilog.

30 Mar 2010 09:17

RobDev wrote:
Cedric wrote:

I have been playing with the track listing, trying to fit the bonus tracks into the normal running order. For me, Missing Islands has to be the final track. After it ends, I can't listen to any other songs for a few minutes. Comparing it to a novel, Uniforms is the climax, and Missing Islands is the epilog.

I agree completely with the novel comparison. Missing Islands is the perfect epilogue. Uniforms just has the closing track feel to me; the gentle entry, the build to the climax. And the ending feels so final. Maybe just a longer pause before MI would help for me. Maybe I'm just being picky :P

30 Mar 2010 19:57
Profile WWW

I still haven't been able to sit down and pick through the Dossier. Today?

03 Apr 2010 08:00
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next