Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 The Golden Dossier 

We've figured out a way to make a very limited number of copies of the Golden Dossier as we wanted it to be, thanks to our friends at Kickstarter.com.

The dossier is a 75-page visual companion to the world of The Golden Archipelago, packed with images, documents and artifacts I've collected over the years in remote parts of the world. It also contains complete credits and lyrics to TGA and its B-sides.

Details are here - take a look at the other 'gifts' as well - if you've been looking for a t-shirt or a rare SW item, you're likely to find it in there:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/she ... ted-editio

11 Dec 2009 17:10
Profile WWW

I know this is how you want the album to be presented so I'm in.

11 Dec 2009 19:43

I'm in! Any chance of t-shirt images and/or a tracklist for the VPRO CD?

11 Dec 2009 20:30
Profile WWW

I'm hoping Santa will drop a nice $100 pledge into both stockings of SW and mine 8)

11 Dec 2009 21:04
Profile WWW

I'm in!

But how does it work with the extra "gifts"? I'd love a copy of "The Dissolving Room", and I'm so happy that you've found a way to make money for the band with the remaining copies.

12 Dec 2009 08:07

Done and done. I really hope you reach the goal JM. I'm posting the link to friends and family and just about everywhere I can.

12 Dec 2009 08:58

candy wrote:
I'm in!

But how does it work with the extra "gifts"? I'd love a copy of "The Dissolving Room", and I'm so happy that you've found a way to make money for the band with the remaining copies.

The 'gifts' are all first come, first serve - it was the fairest way we could think of to distribute them, and most of the fanciest ones have been scooped up already (!). But there's a limited number of all these...sometimes VERY limited...some items we had 5 copies, or 3. Hunter from badabing records is helping us out with administering this, and if you pledged above the minimum amount he'll contact you.

Even after the gifts listed are gone, I'll do my very best to make sure that everyone who pledges above the minimum gets something extra.

And, of course, no matter what, everyone who pledges the minimum or above will receive the dossier.

This is really one of the very most helpful things you can do for us right now. We've got some formidable touring costs coming up, and anything we raise above the target (which is the substantial cost of printing the dossiers themselves (which is substantial) we'll put toward keeping us on the road this year.

Thank you!

JM

12 Dec 2009 14:12
Profile WWW

Hmm...Well, it's going to be tough to scrounge together 100 bucks, but looks like I'm going to have to.

12 Dec 2009 14:51
Profile WWW

Jonathan wrote:
candy wrote:
I'm in!

The 'gifts' are all first come, first serve - it was the fairest way we could think of to distribute them, and most of the fanciest ones have been scooped up already (!). But there's a limited number of all these...sometimes VERY limited...some items we had 5 copies, or 3. Hunter from badabing records is helping us out with administering this, and if you pledged above the minimum amount he'll contact you.

Even after the gifts listed are gone, I'll do my very best to make sure that everyone who pledges above the minimum gets something extra.

And, of course, no matter what, everyone who pledges the minimum or above will receive the dossier.

This is really one of the very most helpful things you can do for us right now. We've got some formidable touring costs coming up, and anything we raise above the target (which is the substantial cost of printing the dossiers themselves (which is substantial) we'll put toward keeping us on the road this year.

Thank you!

JM

Thanks Jonathan! The best "extra" I could wish for is to have you back here in Sweden for a concert, I hope that will be possible some day. And if I don't get a copy of The Dissolving Room... well, I will have the feeling anyway that I've paid you for the copy that I have to admit that I have on my iPod...
:oops:

12 Dec 2009 15:40

Thank you Jonathan,

fantastic idea. will send a few emails tonight to my friends. this idea should spreat the world.

i am late for the 150 USD goal, but your 100++USD offer is amazing too.

12 Dec 2009 17:14

done! can't wait to hold it in my hands!

12 Dec 2009 18:31

pavemalk wrote:
Thank you Jonathan,

fantastic idea. will send a few emails tonight to my friends. this idea should spreat the world.

i am late for the 150 USD goal, but your 100++USD offer is amazing too.

Just so you know, there are a handful, maybe less, of the 100+ items remaining...good luck!

JM

12 Dec 2009 20:45
Profile WWW

This is brilliant. Though why you couldn't have posted about this a day earlier, before I made my contributions to Nature Conservancy and "adopted" animals through Wildlife Defenders, I do not understand. :?

But red wolves, polar bears and hummingbirds deserve my help, too. The fact that the climate caused my chair to stop functioning and strand me outside is proof of that I guess, but it's also made me too late for the coveted items.

I'm scrambling around to find any amount to contribute, now, and passing the information to everyone I can (alas, my social circles are small... perhaps I can put word of the project onto the PopMatters site? Yes, that would be fabulous! And a bit of sneaky fun, too. Shhh... :wink: )

12 Dec 2009 21:59
Profile YIM WWW

it seems like things are off to a good start!!

*crosses fingers*

13 Dec 2009 00:13

oh boy! I'm an official backer :mrgreen: (thanks to my mom for the early Christmas gift!)

glad I could help SW! And looking forward to looking through the GD.

Good luck with the funds JM, wish we could give more than $35
(I'll give you more money if you come play a show near San Diego ;)

13 Dec 2009 04:08
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 108 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next