Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Shearwater Dreams 

Alot of people on this board seem to have them, and I can now count myself as part of the club.
It started out as being about a black friday sale at barnes and nobles, then I walked down a hallway and was in a university. While sitting in a classroom, and Jonathan came out with a banjo. After a little talking, I got up and walked over to a drumset and prepared to play something. I don't remember after that.
Good times, right? What about you guys?

28 Nov 2009 22:08
Profile WWW

I like that (possible) symbolism of something that is entirely mass-consumer-consciousness oriented like "black friday" evolving into something with group educational (a bookstore, a university) and, finally, individual artistic overtones. I wonder what you sat down to play?

No shopping with Shearwater dreams for me this year (which actually is surprising), but then, I've spent the weekend watching 24 Hour Party People and discussing Ulrich Krieger. Manchester doesn't really invoke images of Shearwater for me... with Ulrich, I guess it probably depends on my mood.

Of course, now that I've written this, tonight I'll surely dream of JM filling in for Lee Ranaldo in a performance of Die Sinfonie der GroƟstadt with Ulrich, while Thor DJs at a rave. :lol:

28 Nov 2009 23:29
Profile YIM WWW

Definitely sounds like a good night.

29 Nov 2009 17:18
Profile WWW

Welcome to the club!

I haven't dreamed about SW in a while, but Jonathan is almost always still in OR when I dream about them.....like last night. My friend Christina* was singing lead for a band comprised solely of little people (my friend was apparently the big person frontwoman), and after their show Will was telling them how good they were. I stood around talking with some people after the OR show (which somehow did not make an appearance in my dream) about whether or not we should approach the band, but alas we missed our chance and the band walked out to their tour van. At least they didn't snub me like the last time I dreamed about them :)

*during lunch with her one day while discussing music we like, it came up that she met a man who worked at EPA who's son was in a band, and it of course this turned out to be JM's dad. So I lent her my Palo Santo CD, which she proceeded to lose :(

01 Dec 2009 17:33

I thought this topic was a little silly when I first saw it, until I woke up this morning and had realized that I had one through the night! The dream was...

I was wearing a Gore-Tex parka and working on an island research facility (probably inspired by watching the "Searching for Johnny Rook" videos from the Matador site...) that was filled with television crews, muddy and obtrusive satellite trucks, and thousands of birds, mostly hawks and pelicans. Everything was much larger than it ought to have been. The sound of these huge flocks was total cacophony, and TV reporters and birds intermingled in muddy piles. It was a pretty unfortunate scenario, but the good part was that as I walked through all of this chaos, it was to the (pretty fitting, now that I think about it...) song "Rooks."

The morning sun streamed into my eyes, and I woke up calm and satisfied with the thought that maybe I should try to do some scientific volunteer work.

31 Dec 2009 16:31

JackAltman wrote:
I thought this topic was a little silly when I first saw it, until I woke up this morning and had realized that I had one through the night!

See? Happens to the best of us! :wink:

I can see the correlation between tv journalists and pelicans, actually...

01 Jan 2010 00:45
Profile YIM WWW

Had a dream that SW's next album sounded a lot like Jethro Tull...

14 May 2010 09:59
Profile WWW

I actually had one a few days before going to see them play in Ithaca on 4/2/10. I don't really remember many of the details, except for that the club in my dream was far roomier, and more of a dive, than the one they actually played in that night. Also, in the dream, there were like 300 people there, and everyone (the bands included) was extremely drunk -- except for my husband and I. I vaguely remember it devolving into something almost frat party-ish. I think there was a bonfire somewhere, too...

Thankfully, the *actual* show was nothing at all like my dream. Well, except for the the 2 incredibly drunk women who were whistling and yelling throughout most of the songs, and falling all over themselves (and numerous others) whilst trying to dance. Otherwise, it was killer.

14 May 2010 15:50
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]