Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 European Tour 2010 

Elephantman wrote:
some shows in the UK and the netherlands.
5th aug, katowice, pol
6th aug, frankfurt, ger
7th aug, dresden, ger
9th aug, berlin, ger
10th aug, hamburg, ger
12th aug, københavn, dan
seems to be confirmed?

there are tickets available now for the 5 german dates in august:
munich - 08/05 - ampere
frankfurt - 08/06 - das bett
dresden - 08/07 - beatpol
berlin - 08/09 - comet club
hamburg - 08/10 - uebel&gefaehrlich

Ticketonline.com

28 May 2010 01:48

Hang on, comprehensive list of shows for Europe (mid-July-mid-Aug) coming next week. Just chasing down a few loose ends.

JM

28 May 2010 23:05
Profile WWW

OK!

All July-August EU/UK dates posted on the main shows page, along with a news update...

JM

03 Jun 2010 12:59
Profile WWW

You must have read my mind when planning this, we live almost equidistant between Bristol and Winchester, this is about as perfect as it gets.

Off to buy tickets...

03 Jun 2010 15:29

Both Bristol and Winchester then!

The Railway is tiny! Went there first time this week to see Rachelle Van Zanten. Back room of a pub. My type of venue but it's going to be a squeeze on stage for 5 with all that paraphernalia.

Jonathan - Any chance that:

1 You could play Nobody?
2 The Banjo is "speaking to you" this time around?

I fear The World in 1984 would be too much to ask?

04 Jun 2010 03:13

...and St Mary's Walk?

10 Jun 2010 04:29

meeresschnee wrote:
...and St Mary's Walk?

Forget it, I tried to talk Jonathan into it, no chance! :D

10 Jun 2010 04:49

I'm very tempted to go to the Gothenburg show as well, but I think I'll just stay in Copenhagen instead. The line-up for the Way Out West festival in Gothenburg is not so interesting this year, and there's a concert with Windsor for the Derby in Copenhagen the day after the Shearwater gig.

13 Jun 2010 10:11

@candy:
Do you know the location in Copenhagen? Is it a nice or a big one? Am still thinking about whether to go to the Berlin or the Copenhagen show.

16 Jun 2010 12:51

meeresschnee wrote:
@candy:
Do you know the location in Copenhagen? Is it a nice or a big one? Am still thinking about whether to go to the Berlin or the Copenhagen show.

The venue is Loppen. I've actually never been there. The home page states a capacity of 400 in the audience.

http://www.loppen.dk/default.aspx?language=en-GB

It's situated in the "Freetown Christiania" which is a nice place: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freetown_Christiania

However, be aware of the fact that there is not easy to find a hotel room for that evening, there seems to be something special going on in Copenhagen at that time. I found a room which is not too expensive, let me know if you decide to go there and want some tips and ideas. Copenhagen is a lovely place!

16 Jun 2010 14:24

In Freetown Christiania? That sounds pretty cool to me! Shearwater live is awesome, regardless of the size of the room (being art space - place in Conneticut - Bowery Ballroom increasing for me), though of course more intimate is better! :D Also, see if you can get Jonathan to play Going to California; he knows how!

28 Jun 2010 13:14
Profile WWW

I've only recently heard of SW, and think that the music is fantastic. Winchester is only about half hour from where I live but I will not be able to attend.

Are you planning on coming back to the UK in the near future? :?:

27 Jul 2010 07:07

A little report on the show at the Paradiso in Amsterdam (July 26th, 2010):

Setlist:

1. Black Eyes
2. Landscape At Speed
3. Castaways
4. Meridian
5. White Waves
6. God Made Me
7. Corridors
8. Hidden Lakes
9. Home Life
10. Rooks
11. Century Eyes
12. I Was A Cloud
13. Seventy-Four, Seventy-Five
14. Uniforms
- encore -
15. Missing Islands
16. The Snow Leopard

Show was amazing, the venue is also really nice, it's been my first time in Amsterdam. A friend of mine moved to Utrecht, about an hour from there, so I decided to visit him and we went to see Shearwater together.

A nice touch: They extended "Century Eyes" a bit by adding another round of torturing the instruments after the final scream. "An Insular Life" wasn't played, "Runners Of The Sun" also got cut from the setlist, as "Hail, Mary". Hope they return over the course of the tour. Also it was my first time seeing and hearing "Missing Islands" live, which works really beautiful.

They also had some special items at the merch table: A new instrumental-record under the name of ENRON (on the CD itself says: "Shearwater is ENRON") with 10 untitled instrumental tracks. Those are quite experimental and nothing you'd expect from them, a lot of electronics, ambient-passages, piano-work as well as bits and pieces of melodies that could have been full songs. It's really interesting, sounds a lot like a documentary-soundtrack to me (a good one), and the cardboard-sleeve is handmade and signed. Jonathan told me afterwards that this is a kind of early stage of these pieces and will most likely only be available in this form on tour. Also both ambient-records by Thor are available, one with a very intense, self-drawn booklet, the "Thorzine" - An Ocean Of Despair, which I highly recommend.

Here are scans of all 3:

27 Jul 2010 17:07

Oh my god, Sea! Way to make me envious!

Those ambient recordings are so intriguing! I won't be able to catch them on any of their dates this tour! Any way this could be available to someone who'd really really like to get their hands on this?

27 Jul 2010 22:56
Profile WWW

I really hope they'll have copies of that instrumental disc at some future stateside gigs.

I also think it's awesome that they're continuing to play Missing Islands. Even if I'm not there to hear it.

27 Jul 2010 23:53
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next