[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Shearwater Message Board - View topic - New Shearwater Album!

Reply to topic  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next
 New Shearwater Album! 

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Do you understand how much this has just blown my mind!? This record is going to be immense, outstanding, incredible, mindblowing, beautiful, and everything else I couldn't remember to mention! Most anticipated release of next year for sure.

To be honest, that island castle reminds me a lot of an island in the hudson river that the MTA train passes every time I go to the city. An arms dealer stockpiled a bunch there and they blew up, and, that really, really, really looks like it. I'll try to find comparison images.

Here's a good shot:

I think those two shots look a little too similar to be a coincidence, though they've certainly cleaned up the image a bit.
Edit: It's called Bannerman's Castle.

Here are a couple more images:

What really made the connection for me was the turret-type things sitting in the water, which you can see in the above image, and better in this one:
Damn it, I'm convinced I'm right!

Last edited by Storm and Static on 17 Nov 2009 20:53, edited 1 time in total.

17 Nov 2009 17:07
Profile WWW

17 Nov 2009 18:30
Profile YIM WWW

The music was gorgeous, as was the video. What a perfect fit. Jonathan, or someone, could you tell us who made the video? Oh, and the cover is stunning!

17 Nov 2009 19:16

yeah beautiful trailer for TGA. I thoroughly enjoyed it, and cannot wait for its release :mrgreen:

17 Nov 2009 19:23
Profile WWW

Wow. As if I wasn't excited enough already! Nice to see Matador with some early hype on this one, too!

...in related news...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pghDwXNsC5g

17 Nov 2009 21:13
Profile WWW

18 Nov 2009 08:50

I think that waiting for the album was easier before seeing the trailer. It makes me want the new album now. Not that I didn't before, but I'm more excited about it now.

18 Nov 2009 08:52

Absolutely lovely. I'm really looking forward to this album!

18 Nov 2009 14:00

Well, I found my own answer. I contacted Kahn and Selesnick, and, since they live in the Hudson Valley as well, they did use Bannerman's Castle! Kahn said that they were happy to be able to use it as the 'isle of the dead', as they were struck by the melancholy of the place every time they rode by on the train.

18 Nov 2009 17:28
Profile WWW

18 Nov 2009 23:05
Profile WWW

That island looks disappointingly reachable. Other than that, the cover art is pretty great. It reminds me of the final scene in Jim Jarmusch's Dead Man, which is pretty much how I want to go.

19 Nov 2009 19:42

I'd really love to kayak out there, though that means crossing the tracks.

19 Nov 2009 20:23
Profile WWW

19 Nov 2009 23:46

What is "The Golden Dossier," the companion piece to "The Golden Archipelago"? (See News section.) Is it an additional EP or perhaps a DVD or perhaps something else altogether. Anyone know?

20 Nov 2009 17:24

Presumably, the Dossier is exactly what Jonathan was talking about in earlier posts with the special edition of the record. Maybe it includes all the field journal-y goodness that the promo alludes to. :mrgreen:

21 Nov 2009 02:59
Profile YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next