[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Shearwater Message Board - View topic - New Shearwater Album!

Reply to topic  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next
 New Shearwater Album! 

Sounds wonderful JM! The music and the album art are inextricably linked in my humble opinion. Hope we get to hear a sneaky peak soon.

23 Oct 2009 05:43

I don't have a record player, so but I'd want to get the extra tracks from the vinyl. Then I could rework an iTunes playlist to mimic the vinyl tracklist.

I've been underwhelmed with some previous limited editions. When Porcupine Tree released Deadwing a few years ago, they did a standard release with a video clip, they did a limited edition which had the standard release (minus the video) and a second disc with surround sound mixes. A few months later, they did a full surround sound disc with extra songs. The end result was I got some extra artwork on the limited edition, but no video and no bonus songs. I felt kind of ripped off, I could have gotten the normal edition and the later surround sound mix for the same price as the limited edition, and those would have given me more music.

I could go for a limited edition Shearwater release, as long as it doesn't have that kind of limitation.

23 Oct 2009 10:20

I'll just echo what everyone else has said that since I no longer have a functioning turntable, it'd be nice if the extra tracks were available digitally in some form. A super-special vinyl edition with a large booklet and a download code for all the songs in high-quality mp3 (256k or more) would be ideal.

Ultimately, I just can't wait for the new record!

23 Oct 2009 15:11

Count me in! I've always been intrigued by the idea of the CD version being different than the LP version. Rook and Palo Santo is two of my favorite albums to listen to on vinyl. Might I suggest some sort of discount if you order both versions?

23 Oct 2009 15:22

I own a turntable for making recordings of things that were never made available on CD, but I would strongly prefer to not have to use it.

Hopefully the extra tracks will be available for purchase as lossless FLAC on Matador's site, as The Snow Leopard EP was.

24 Oct 2009 06:09

just heard the release date for the new record is February 9. Not confirmed officially but in line with what I'd been told before. Yay!

26 Oct 2009 15:01
Profile WWW

What, no cylinder version?

27 Oct 2009 11:36

You can count me in as being in the excited club!
I think that I might buy both versions, if it's economically feasible, as getting a complete package is something I'd like. Especially if that special edition turns out as great as you're hoping, Johnathan!
I can't wait for any information whatsoever on this. Artwork, a song, anything! This will make the rest of my year.

27 Oct 2009 20:36
Profile WWW

28 Oct 2009 06:59

great news!
has the title The Golden Archipelago been confirmed?

29 Oct 2009 06:17

I'm as excited as everyone else! However I don't have a record player for vinyls, so I would love if the extra tracks were also available as download in some way - that is, in some legal, possible-to-pay-for way... :)

31 Oct 2009 11:43

I absolutely adore vinyls but the record player I own isn't a great one, so if those extra tracks were available in digital format then that would be excellent!

Very, very excited about this, and that title is just fantastic. :mrgreen:

02 Nov 2009 08:12

... WOAH... massive "trailer" up as entrance to ... starts with "new moon"/"hidden lakes"... amazing!

ARTWORK:

17 Nov 2009 16:27

Breath-taking, heart-pounding, terrifyingly beautiful!

... and that's just the trailer!

:mrgreen:

17 Nov 2009 16:40
Profile YIM WWW

I want to go to there!

17 Nov 2009 16:50
Reply to topic   [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next