Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 The Dissolving Room cuts 

Yay! I found a record store (here in the Stockholm area, strangely enough) which seems to have TDS in stock: http://www.dgr.se/DynamicPage.php?id=14

I just ordered it, hope that everything goes well. They also ship abroad and accept paypal, so it might be worth contacting them on info@dgr.se if you're desperate enough to get the album.

11 Apr 2009 05:55

I still haven't managed to get hold of this CD to a reasonable price.

Just for fun I searched Amazon.com. I do love Shearwater, but I think it's rather ridiculous to pay between $38,95 and $202,42 (!!) for this album.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/ ... er=&colid=

31 Oct 2009 11:39

Jonathan wrote:
I think I have the remaining copies of this here in my house. We haven't repressed partly because I figured there wouldn't be much demand. But I guess it does have some historic value - we recorded it ten years ago, in three days, in a building in Austin that's since been torn down.

Would you guys like to see this back in print and available, at least digitally and through the SW site? If you do, I'll try to make it happen.

JM

And to release this on VINYL would be a dream. I would keep it like my "Talk Talk - Laughing Stock" vinyl copy.

02 Nov 2009 05:10

pavemalk wrote:
Jonathan wrote:
I think I have the remaining copies of this here in my house. We haven't repressed partly because I figured there wouldn't be much demand. But I guess it does have some historic value - we recorded it ten years ago, in three days, in a building in Austin that's since been torn down.

Would you guys like to see this back in print and available, at least digitally and through the SW site? If you do, I'll try to make it happen.

JM

And to release this on VINYL would be a dream. I would keep it like my "Talk Talk - Laughing Stock" vinyl copy.

I'll trade you one for one!

Actually, I know I've said this in the past, but we are very close to having an online store at last, and I expect to have some version of it up and running in the next couple of weeks.

The only thing really stopping us from repressing TDR right now, quite honestly, is a lack of funds, since we threw pretty much everything we had at the new album. But as soon as we're back on our feet we'll get into this.

Anything else anyone would like to see for sale on this site? Let me know, I'm totally open to ideas.

JM

03 Nov 2009 20:38
Profile WWW

Your Solo-CD "Buteo Buteo" and the Split EP with Okkervil River "Sham Wedding/Hoax Funeral" would be grand!

04 Nov 2009 07:45

Seconding the nearly-extinct Buteo buteo.

04 Nov 2009 08:14

Buteo Buteo and, if it's ever been pressed, the Fall To Grace score/ST.

04 Nov 2009 09:25
Profile WWW

sea wrote:
Your Solo-CD "Buteo Buteo" and the Split EP with Okkervil River "Sham Wedding/Hoax Funeral" would be grand!

Hm, ya I don't have either of those, so I second (third) both of those.

And no hurry for my sake JM, the funds are limited on my end too :roll:

04 Nov 2009 09:28
Profile WWW

Certainly any SW music would be welcome, as well as anything available from side projects from SW members.

Are posters a possibility? I love the Rookman image and would love to have a poster or it. I also would love to have a pair of flannel pajama pants with Rookman images all over it, but I suppose that is not going to happen :)

04 Nov 2009 09:53

Jonathan wrote:

Anything else anyone would like to see for sale on this site? Let me know, I'm totally open to ideas.

Dangerous words to a fan with a compulsive spending problem.

04 Nov 2009 09:55

I would love to have a vinyl copy of Winged Life and the Thieves EP. Thanks Jonathan for asking.

04 Nov 2009 14:17

Today I picked up a second-hand copy of "The Dissolving Room" at Amoeba Records (the world's greatest music store) here in LA for just $7.99. Couldn't believe it!

cheers,
Stephen

04 Nov 2009 20:57

Buteo Buteo would be a dream..

05 Nov 2009 19:44

cruzichick mentioned various Shearwater member side-projects, and that got me wondering again if there are other projects that Thor has recorded other than the one I have. I sometimes play it in a shuffle with solo, experimental, ambient work by my friend Sam Zurick (who also plays with Make Believe), and every time I wonder, "What else has Thor done like this?" but then I always forget to ask.

I also echo many of the things people have mentioned here already, because a couple of them seem to have unfortunately left my possession since I moved, and a couple of them I never had in the first place.

And I would like to hop on board with Cruzichick's pajama pants idea. :D Shearwater loungewear from the K&S clothing line. I think I've got the poster situation dealt with personally, but I'm always up for more if they exist!

06 Nov 2009 04:17
Profile YIM WWW

cruzichick, if I weren't such a scrupulous respecter of copyright, I would tell you how you could make those pajamas yourself using the power of the internet and some rock-bottom basic sewing techniques.

Shirts and posters and albums are all very well, but can I put in a vote for more feelies in indie music? Pocket compass? Limited-edition field journal? Mini-waterphone?

[Disclosure: have been playing Zork all weekend]

09 Nov 2009 07:00
Reply to topic   [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next