Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Other stuff for sale on tour 

Hello, all. A tour email should be going out to most of you, but if you aren't on the mailing list, I wanted to let you know that we're selling a few non-standard items on the tour that you might be interested in.

For one thing, we'll have some advance copies of our fancy new EP, "Thieves". It won't be officially released or available anywhere else until next year.

Tracklist:

1) I Can't Wait
2) You're the Coliseum
3) Mountain Laurel (remastered)
4) There's a Mark Where You Were Breathing
5) Near a Garden

Also, we'll be selling solo recordings by Thor (his eerie, ambient, and wonderful acoustic "Fields of Innards", Travis (solo and ensemble compositions),

and me. Mine is a little solo record I recorded live to two-track with Brian Beattie (who recorded 'Everybody Makes Mistakes', as well as the new Okkervil record and 'DFILWEYS') in June after all the tours ended. One or two of these tracks might resurface in other versions, maybe, or maybe not. Here's the track list:

1) all the pretty horses (same as from 'hoax funeral')
2) sea robins
3) the elephant walk
4) the assassin
5) the biology building
6) switchbacks
7) unharmed (dragons)
8) child of never

The covers for these are hand-stamped with a lovely design Howard gave to me, and feature handwritten liner notes which vary from copy to copy depending on how tired or whimsical I'm feeling.

Keep a look out for us - we're in the blue van with the Texas plates and the Kerry/Edwards sticker.

Happy hunting,

J

23 Oct 2004 23:00
Profile WWW

:(

i'd glady pay shipping if anyone would pick these up for me

23 Oct 2004 23:28

Is there any way of purchasing any of these without going to the shows? I would go and buy them, of course, but the nearest show to me is several thousand miles away, which makes it a little tricky...

24 Oct 2004 10:18

I too would give, over the odds, any amount of blood, money or stickle brix to get hold of any of the above, including Jonathon, Travis, or the US of A. I've already had to miss out on Sham Wedding. You Americans are so lucky, the worlds greatest and most uncorrupt democracy, and SW OR limited edition EPs.

24 Oct 2004 13:37

You Americans are so lucky, the worlds greatest and most uncorrupt democracy, and SW OR limited edition EPs.

Don't forget the greatest leader in the history of the universe!

24 Oct 2004 19:52
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]