[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Shearwater Message Board - View topic - Tell us about the show!

Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Tell us about the show! 
Site Admin

22 Oct 2004 12:30
Profile WWW

22 Oct 2004 14:07

22 Oct 2004 14:21

22 Oct 2004 16:18
Profile WWW

22 Oct 2004 16:33

22 Oct 2004 17:21

Howard, you were missed; as was Will and sometimes Travis. I've never seen a fiddler need to change a string during a performance (as opposed to guitar players who do it all the time), but he needed to and then had some trouble getting it right so he sat out for about three songs.

Great show in Chicago. Very different set list from the last time they played here. I was further back so didn't get to watch Thor as much, I love his creative percussion (e.g., I'd never seen anyone scrape a drumstrick against a cymbal or bow the side of a vibraphone(?) -- not that I see many people playing that anyway). Jonathan moved between banjo, guitar, and keyboard, constantly changing the sound.

They played for about 40 minutes. The set list (several titles I don't know): Sealed, Whipping Boy, A Hush, Mulholland, ?, "i can't wait" (?), The World in 1984, Mountain Laurel, "the world's turned upside down" (?)

BTW, Jonathan or whoever has control over this, I need another copy of your solo CD. I was in a rush to leave immediately after the show and bought your solo disk from Kim while you guys were tearing down (if I had a brain I would have bought it before the show when everyone was just hanging out). I went to play it
today and it's a blank CDR. Whenever you get a chance please pm me so I can arrange to get a copy. I look forward to hearing it.

23 Oct 2004 05:12

Nuts, I'm sad you won't be on this tour, Howard. Was looking forward to saying hi again, and I also loved your mandolin/lap steel/etc.

23 Oct 2004 20:29
Profile WWW
haha, Heather, you fell for it! There IS NO SOLO RECORD! HAHAHAHA!

Just kidding. Send your address to me at jonathan_meiburg at hotmail.com and I'll mail you another. Sorry about that.

Jonathan

23 Oct 2004 22:43

26 Oct 2004 03:32
Profile ICQ
Did anyone catch the show at Bruno's in SF? I had to work that night and I raced there on my bike, but by the time I got there around 11:00 they were already done.

31 Oct 2004 00:08

I drove down from Redding, CA to see them play at Bruno's. Well worth the drive. The performance was amazing. The band consists of some of the nicest people ever.

The line up was Jonathan, Kim, Thor, and Travis with someone from Decibully filling in on accordion and keyboard.

Set list in no particular order: Sea Robins, Palo Santo, A Hush, Whipping Boy, Mulholland, I Can't Wait, If (Pink Floyd cover), and the Rainbow (Talk Talk cover).

31 Oct 2004 03:16
Profile WWW

01 Nov 2004 23:02
Profile WWW

02 Nov 2004 03:38

02 Nov 2004 03:39
Reply to topic   [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next