Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Shearwater Fans in Unexpected Places 

I post on Elliott Smith's message bbs: sweetaddy.com, and lo and behold the other day I see a thread titled "Shearwater?" Well, my heart skipped a beat of elation that someone was mentioning our guys (and gal)!

Even better, it was someone in France that had received a sampler music cd with "My Good Deed' on it and was blown away and wanted to buy "Winged Life". Apparently it's not available there for just a bit longer.

Of course I had to jump on the thread and post with giddyness to tell him about Okkervil River as well!

Just thought I'd share that with y'all. :)

http://www.myspace.com/hoaxfuneral
http://www.hoaxfuneral.com

15 Sep 2004 05:44
Profile WWW

Funny you posted this today :) I'm French, I bought the magazine this morning with the same sampler Cd, and Shearwater's song just creeped instantly into my soul. I listened to it all day ! And now i've downloaded some of the song from the site including the mind blowing "Whipping boy" and "A makeover". I'm addicted :lol: :lol: This band is amazing, it's like i've finally found something i'd never have but always missed. I can't wait to see them live. Big hello to everyone on this board !

I think, you know, i'll be okay"

15 Sep 2004 15:14

Right on!! That's awesome! You'll be fastly addicted. Never more deserving subjects too, I might add.

http://www.myspace.com/hoaxfuneral
http://www.hoaxfuneral.com

15 Sep 2004 17:21
Profile WWW

I'm from London Ontario Canada. And I'm new here. So happy to find this place by the way!

Anyhoo.. I've been a fan for quite a few months now. I'm just so in love with this band. And I wish I could find their albums somewhere here but theyre not available and I can't order anything online either so it sucks. :(

30 Oct 2004 03:42
you can always mail-order their stuff from misra or grey flat records...check the misra web site at www.misrarecords.com, and I think there are instructions on how/where to send $$$...

30 Oct 2004 12:31

what are the good record stores where you live? I'll pass the word along to our Canadian distributors (Sonic Unyon & Scratch) that there are Shearwater fans looking for music. You should definitely tell your local stores they can order all Shearwater reelases on Misra through Sonic Unyon & Scratch. If you have any questions email us. Thanks!!

-phil

30 Oct 2004 13:41
Profile WWW

what are the good record stores where you live? I'll pass the word along to our Canadian distributors (Sonic Unyon & Scratch) that there are Shearwater fans looking for music. You should definitely tell your local stores they can order all Shearwater reelases on Misra through Sonic Unyon & Scratch. If you have any questions email us. Thanks!!

-phil

Music World & HMV are quite popular here. Espcially Music World. Best Buy too, sort of.

And that is a good idea. I will definitely do my best to get Music World to order your albums. I'm also thinking of asking one of the people I know to talk about your band on his website [http://absolutepunk.com] - a lot of people go there. It's not really a "punk" website so I'm sure they could advertise you. Well, I hope I can convince them.. I'm sure I will anyway. Your music is beautiful so it needs to be heard. :)

And I'll see how I can get them for myself too through the Misra website because I REALLY want them. :)

31 Oct 2004 03:52

Oh my, I just convinced my friend [who has a credit card] to buy Winged Life & Everybody Makes Mistakes. YES! :D :D :D

31 Oct 2004 04:04

This is my very first post in here. But am I the only one from Denmark on this board? For some reason, I have both versions of Winged Life. The Fargo Records European version and the US version (with the blue cover).

Should pass one of them on so that other people can listen to this amazing album, but I just can't bring myself to doing so.

Does that make me a bad person?

20 Dec 2004 07:18
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]