Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 DIW Review 
Bros - I don't have the issue on me (read it at a music store), but just thought I'd point out that the latest DIW (with Modest Mouse on the front) gave Winged Life a 5/6. DIW is a great magazine and is by no means prone to really glowing reviews.

Side story - my buddy Mike is the art director there. Mike, myself, and the editor of the mag, Mark, all went to SXSW together this year and drank way more than we should have. I tried to get them all to go to the Okkerville River show at 1AM, but it happened to be scheduled on the same night as a bunch of really good shows. So I was nixed (in favor of the Decemberists I think). But I got to see them a couple weeks later in Houston with the Elected. Great show. But at SXSW, I had never heard of Shearwater, so I missed that one too. Hope to see em in Houston soon.

Where was I? Oh yeah - DIW. So, anyways. It's great press because this mag is now going to bi-monthly and has nationwide distribution now (it's in Borders now for chrissakes).

I think the mag has a lot of love for the River and the Water because a couple issues ago they did a pretty good write-up on Okkerville River and the release of Down the River of Golden Dreams.

Dave

14 Aug 2004 12:08
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]